Researchers have evidence for the positive effects of parent involvement on children, families, and school when schools and parents continuously support and encourage the children's learning and development. We've put out 15 of these positive effects
Benefits for Students
We start off our list with the most important stakeholders, the students:
1. Increased participation means better chances of student success. By seeing how vested you are in their education children strive to perform better.
2. Better Social Skills. Children perform better socially when they have the support of trusted individuals
3. Better Attendance Children will attend more lessons if they know that parents are likely to find out if they abscond
4. 360 Degree Performance. Supported children will confidently explore extra curricular activities on offer which can help them in future professional and personal pursuits
5. Better Behaviour - Psychologists have indicated that attention seeking behavioural problems in teenagers are less for children whose parents show more interest in their activities.
Benefits for Schools
Schools also stand to benefit from parent involvement in the following ways
6. Better Quality Education. Due to parent involvement educational programs there is better oversight and performance of the school
7. Increased teacher morale. Teachers find their jobs more manageable when children are taught both at home and at school.
8. Less Fee Defaults. Generally parents who participate more will pay on or before time as they understand the need to fund school activities.
9. Schools also enjoy cost cutting with Parents offering up skills and time to do some activities in the school.
10. Better reputation: Schools enjoy good reputation and attract more prospective students when their schools perform well and their quality of education is high.
Benefits for Parents
Lastly but not least, the benefits for parents are also present and include
11. Better understanding of school functions and accountability of funds
12. Quality Time with children : Most of the fond memories of childhood are formed at school share those memories by being present always.
13. Better Able to assist your child. By being involved you're better able to assist your child and spot issues like bullying and low performance..
14. Child's Role Model: Children talk and share news by being involved in your child's activities you're better role models to them and their friends influencing positive behaviour.
15. Ability to apply skills: Parents can apply their skills and know how in issues relating to the school which can help the school and also serve as marketing for your skills.
What Can NiBytes Do?
NiBytes helps schools offer a better communication platform between teachers, parents and students. We build mobile apps and websites for schools which allow the school to communicate on the go with parents via smart mobile devices.
Should you be interested in an app or website for your school contact our sales team on firstname.lastname@example.org